[gopher] Gopher+ support in the community

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Apr 22 22:32:15 UTC 2015

cgod doesn't implement Gopher+
(I don't think Gophernisus does either)

My views on Gopher+ are a bit hazy.
I think it need (if we want to improve the protocol) rethinking...

gophers:// could be very interesting.
However existing clients would not be able to use this.
So this would require completely new clients.
(Gopherspaces could support both gopher:// and gophers:// I suppose for
backwards compatbility with older clients)

My Gopher client(s) of choice are basically
curl and Overbite. I was using elinks for a bit
but have found it's implementation to by buggy
at best.

cheers
James

James Mills / prologic