[gopher] GopherVR 0.5

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sun Feb 8 19:34:54 UTC 2015

> I have successfully compiled GopherVR 0.5 on my Linux desktop:
>
> x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
> gcc version 4.9.2 (Gentoo 4.9.2 p1.0, pie-0.6.2)
> motif 2.3.4-r3
>
> But I noticed that there is a lot of warnings during compilation phase. So I
> have tried to compile with an older gcc (v 4.4.4) but I encountered the same
> amount of warnings.

There are an incredible amount of warnings, yes. Most of it is because of the
ancient code. I'm kind of loathe to clean up a lot of it because it does
work, and it may hurt its ability to run on the machines it used to (for
example, dusting off the Irix port was relatively straightforward and I have
a SunOS 4 machine here with gcc I'm toying with resurrecting). But I agree
it's ugly.

Glad it works for you though!

-- It is the business of little minds to shrink. -- Carl Sandburg -------------