[gopher] Question

delfin delfin at segonquart.net
Sat Feb 14 00:22:32 UTC 2015

Hi all, hi aepedia:

a quick answers that comes to my mind:

 	* The original cost of the _license_ (Gopher vs. HTTP ) think of (UNIX
vs. LINUX).
 	* Gopher is essentially an _infoserver_ (i.e: can enumerate all
available files.) based on the client ; web browsers (HTTP) are more
visually oriented (advertisements).

Other thoughts ? mhhh...have a look here

gopher://gopher.quux.org/0/Software/Gopher/whygopher/gopher-manifesto.txt
[7]

cheers

---

Delfi Ramirez

My digital signature [2]

+34 633 589231
 delfin at segonquart.net [3]

twitter: delfinramirez

 IRC: segonquart Skype: segonquart [4]

http://segonquart.net [5]

http://delfiramirez.info
 [6]

On 2015-02-13 23:07, NN NN wrote:

> So, I heard a lot of beatiful words about Gopher and its advantages. But there is one small "but". Somehow or other, but in spite of all advanteges of Gopher, most people prefer to use HTTP-FTP bunch. Why?

Links:
------
[1]
[2] http://delfiramirez.info/public/dr_public_key.asc
[3] mail:%20delfin at segonquart.net
[4] skype:segonquart
[5] http://segonquart.net
[6] http://delfiramirez.info
[7]
gopher://gopher.quux.org/0/Software/Gopher/whygopher/gopher-manifesto.txt