[gopher] History and future of "the gopher project"

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste.fr
Sun Jan 11 10:59:29 UTC 2015

Yes, it is, but GMANE is just a mail to nntp translator, without any
relation to *the* gopher newsgroup (ie. comp.infosystems.gopher).

Currently we have two communities:
  - historical comp.infosystems.gopher (very small)
  - this mailing list (much bigger)

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to unite these two worlds...
Even if most people on comp.infosystems.gopher are also in this mailing
list, there's no reason to artificially split an already quite
fragmented community...

Out of curiosity - who does follow comp.infosystems.gopher here? I am
pretty sure I am not the only one, but I might just as well be wrong on
this.

Mateusz