[gopher] GopherVR update for El Capitan

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sun Oct 25 04:05:45 UTC 2015

IST OpenMotif will no longer function on El Capitan because of its SIP mode
which prevents installation to /usr, even if you're root. Yes, you could
disable rootless protection, but I think it's pretty obvious Apple won't
support that forever, and it's a bit scary for many users.

GopherVR is thus now updated to use a modified version of OpenMotif that
lives in /Applications, thus avoiding the problem. Since IST has stated they
will not make future releases of OpenMotif for OS X, I patched their
distribution up myself and you can fetch it from SourceForge. It runs on 10.4
through 10.11, on PowerPC and Intel.

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmotif-mac/

After that, download GopherVR 0.5.1, which has other fixes for El Crapitan,
and is still 10.4-10.11 Universal also. You can have OpenMotif-Mac installed
at the same time as IST OpenMotif if you need to run old versions.

	gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/gophervr

Also, Mosaic-CK is updated at the same time for the same purpose.

	http://www.floodgap.com/retrotech/machten/mosaic/

-- Software sucks because users demand it to. -- Nathan Mhyrvold, Microsoft ---