[gopher] OpenNIC .gopher registrations available

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Thu Dec 1 23:41:03 UTC 2016

Just a friendly reminder that OpenNIC (the oldest altroot still in
existence, going on 16 years and totally volunteer-driven) is still
hosting the .gopher TLD, and all are welcome to register a domain (or
more).  The registration URL is http://reg.for.free, takes about 30
seconds.  (If you're not set up for OpenNIC, come visit us here:
http://www.opennicproject.org).

We've been moving some servers around and I noticed that the following
domains were still active on the old zone file as of today, so if you'd
like to reclaim them email me offline and I'll make it happen:

intercal.gopher (212.110.164.217)
me0w.gopher (178.79.185.175)
spectrum.gopher (87.243.208.102)
uilebheist.gopher (212.110.164.217)

Also, don't forget there is a gopher presence on Freenode IRC as well...the
channel is #gopherproject.

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki