[gopher] Ad at 33C3

Wolfgang Faust wolfgangmcq at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:36:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Brian Koontz <brian at pongonova.net> wrote:

> ELI5 please? I feel like I'm missing something, even after following links.
>
> Brian

Christoph has produced an advertisement for the Gopher project. This
advertisement references the "darknet", which refers generally to any
portion of the Internet which is not generally accessible to the
public--colloquially, anything that is not searchable from Google. Gopher
could be considered a "darknet" protocol as most of the general public
doesn't know about it. Presumably, Christoph calls it the "true" darknet
because most darknet protocols are at least peripherally known to the
public through news stories, whereas Gopher isn't really known at all. This
advertisement is to be shown at Chaos Communication Congress (C3), a
conference about computery stuff. A lot of different things go on there,
but in particular one of the things discussed at C3 is various darknet
services.

> On Dec 28, 2016 11:31 AM, "Christoph Lohmann" <20h at r-36.net> wrote:
>
>> Greetings fellow comrades.
>>
>> To  spread the word of gopher I have added a gopher advertisement to the
>> info‐beamer, which adds ads to the 33C3[0]  streams  [1].   Here[2]   is
>> the repository for the info‐beamer.
>>

>> Watch the streams for gophers! :D
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Christoph Lohmann
>>
>> [0] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2016/wiki/Main_Page
>> [1] https://33c3.infobeamer.com/static/asset-90-3b23580c0b7d4480
>> 8d999c9c33b86e3e.jpg
>> [2] https://33c3.infobeamer.com/

The views expressed above are exclusively mine, if anyone's.