[gopher] Preference in Gopher clients

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Jan 7 17:32:52 UTC 2016

> > >    In the past there have been some rather interesting gopher clients
> > > which displays a tree to represent the gopher menus.  There's also
> > > hybrid views like we see in OverbiteFF, where we can directly view
> > > gopher items by clicking a plus sign in the gopher menu.
> >
> > Holy guacamole! I never actually clicked that + sign in five years!
> > At first I wanted to respond, that I like lynx way to present gopher
> > menus, but now I'd say Overbite FF is the best.
>
> Double-guac! Seems all these years NoScript has been blocking that feature.
> I've not found a way to globally allow gopher://* to run scripts but it's
> easy enough to rightclick and unblock on site-by-site basis.

Sadly, Firefox 44 changes permissions and blocks it too. I'm working on
an emergency patch beta that repairs this issue and a problem with double
requesters since at least Fx38. Unfortunately, this will drop compatibility
with 3.6-37.

-- Maybe this world is another planet's hell. -- Aldous Huxley ----------------