[gopher] (no subject)

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste.fr
Fri Jan 8 19:03:29 UTC 2016

Hi Walter,

Running gopher on a Raspi device is pretty straightforward: just install
Raspbian on the device, and then it's exactly like on any Debian OS. If
using Motsognir, the whole procedure is limited to typing "make" (to
compile the server), editing the motsognir configuration file to match
your preferences, and executing the motsognir process.

I don't know about other gopher servers though - they might have some
additional dependencies.

Note, that the weak point of Raspberry is its storage - if you use an SD
card only, you might kill it fast by writing to it. My own Raspberry
server uses the SD card only for booting, and then the actual OS is on a
USB-attached RAID of 2 drives. I wrote about this at the link below,
should this be of any interest to you:

gopher://gopher.viste.fr/1/myinfobase/?disp2015-01-12%20mdadm%20raid%20on%20raspberry

Mateusz