[gopher] GopherCon 2016

Kevin Veroneau kevin at veroneau.net
Tue Jan 26 02:06:43 UTC 2016

I have put up a gopher mole petition to get signatures for those interested in
participating in a GopherCon 2016!  I know it's a bit of a short notice, but I
figure it will take place in the summer and will be a teleconference GopherCon,
rather than a huge in-person event.  I have placed more details on how it will
progress on the mole's page.  If you have any comments, suggestions,
questions, and/or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

gopher://gopher.veroneau.net/1apps/petition/sign

If enough signatures are gathered, then we will go through the planning from
there.  Such as looking for presenters to present their gopher related
projects and/or content.  Ideas for presentations could be how to install and
configure gopher servers in various operating environments, to history lessons
on gopher from when you were younger, and how much gopher was different back
them, to best practices on creating an optimum gopher server layout.  I look
forward to hearing all your suggestions and potential presentation ideas.

I would hope that Cameron Kaiser would be a presenter to talk about his long
experience with the gopher protocol, and his efforts at keeping floodgap alive
all of these years.