[gopher] motsognir UserDir=

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste.fr
Tue May 10 18:00:54 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for the longish delay of my answer, I only got your message
today (it would seem to be related to some moderation troubles on the
gopher list). Please find my answer below.

On 18/04/2016 03:02, Michael Beaveridge wrote:
> I have the line UserDir=/home/%s/public_gopher/ in my motsognir.conf file, and
> motsognir running as a daemon on ubuntu 15.x under xinetd. I have the directory
> public_gopher in my /home/username
> directory and no matter what I try I can't get naught but an error (Forbidden!)
> when trying to go to it with the link:
> gopher://gopher.mydomain.tld/1/users/myusername or without the /1 or using
> /home/ or anything. What have I done wrong? Thanks.

The actual URL you should connect to is this:

gopher://gopher.mydomain.tld/1/~yourusername/

does this bring any result?

If not, could you please tell me what version of Motsognir you run
exactly, and provide me with the logs that Motsognir outputs when it
fails to display a user directory?

cheers,
Mateusz