[gopher] Future of this list, etc.

( Héctor A. Abreu) habreu71 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 00:21:53 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-30,
Mr. Leveck <leveck at leveck.us> wrote:

> Was the decision made to move to NNTP?

I read that Alioth is having problems but haven't read what this list
will do about it. I guess that in the event this list is affected by
Alioth problem and no clear decision is made on how to keep the email
list alive, then anyone can simply post on comp.infosystems.gopher

> What are some good, free news-servers?
> What are some decent clients (console & X11)?

I use eternal-september.org and slrn (console). Both work ok to me. I am
still kind of new to usenet but I find it pretty useful and interesting.

> This is one aspect of the web I have not restarted use of yet.
I'm thinking about 17 years ago on a Palm device was my last active
use of NNTP... yeah, I suppose I could duckduckgo this,
but I am looking for tried and liked options. TYIA

If you or anyone else is interested in the basics of slrn and
eternal-september.org I will be happy to share my humble experience.

Regards,

--
Héctor A. Abreu