[gopher] Should we be mirroring Gopher sites via FTP?

Christoph Lohmann 20h at r-36.net
Sun Sep 17 15:51:16 UTC 2017

Greetings.

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:51:16 +0200 "Mr. Leveck" <leveck at leveck.us> wrote:
> Is electron a library akin to the QT you are currently using? Gtk would be super sweet, just saying... I do not want to have to install a large portion of KDE to run a gopher client. I do applaud the notion of supporting TLS. There a quite a few things that have become standard in the past when someone took the initiative to Just Do It (TM) in the absence of consensus. Thank you Kim and James

To  remember people, that there is not just one »just‐do‐it« initiative,
there’s the Gopher Onion Initiative too:

	gopher://bitreich.org/1/onion

This  initiative has already inspired more than one person to setup some
onion service, which will make your gopherhole available in a secure and
anonymous way.

Let’s  Encrypt  is  the  death for the certification mafia and the whole
certification system. We need to move forward.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann