[gopher] Debian planning to shut down lists.alioth.debian.org?

Matt Owen (Jaruzel) jaruzel at jaruzel.com
Mon Sep 18 14:59:44 UTC 2017

In article <8E2DCF7D-E2F8-4F34-B2C8-178EBB160533 at icloud.com>, smkellat-
mVuRI66OGLPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org says...

>We might also look at groups.io as a couple ham groups I am in left Yahoo!
>Groups for it and successfully dragged their archives over too.

Shouldn't we be eating our own dogfood here, and look at merging back into
'comp.infosystems.gopher' on the main NNTP servers?

If people don't like using the Google Groups interface (I certainly don't)
then I'm sure between us we have the skillset to add a mailinglist/web-IU
on-top of a NNTP back-end.

-Matt

P.S - I *still* can't reply to the mailing-list via email, so I'm already
comfortable NNTPing this group. :)