[I386-uclibc-devel] The way to go...

Daniel Ruoso daniel at ruoso.com
Thu Oct 6 09:44:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

The effort for creating the i386 uclibc architecture is already on
move...

The main tasks I can see are:

1) Prepare the cross-building environment
2) Cross-Build the necessary packages for a bootstrap
3) Native-Build the base system
4) Port d-i
5) Start a buildd

What is already done?

1.1) Tested uclibc-toolchain package:
It is very buggy and hacky. Not a good solution to start an
architecture.
1.2) Start a new toolchain:
I'm starting this task from binutils... I'm having some problems, which
I intend to talk about in another message...

What is to be done?

1.2) New Toolchain:
Well, we need a complete toolchain, which means: binutils,
kernel-headers, gcc and libc (in our case uclibc).

With a new toolchain, we can start the second task.

daniel