Defining the workgroup objectives

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Aug 8 18:27:05 UTC 2005

also sprach Mike Bell <debian-init at mikebell.org> [2005.08.08.2000 +0200]:
> I can see how the idea of having some programmatic view of dependencies
> is appealing, but the problem is that you can't just say "X depends on Y
> being up" and be done with it, because how do you define "up" for Y?
> There isn't really a good way except for testing with a daemon-specific
> bit of shell scripting, which is one of Gerrit's main points.

There is one big difference: instead of postfix checking port 60000
for postgrey, let it ask postgrey whether it's "up". postgrey knows
best what it means for it to be up, so it should be consulted. Now,
if the port changes, the postfix init scripts will just continue to
work.

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!