Defining the workgroup objectives

Mike Bell debian-init at mikebell.org
Tue Aug 9 17:21:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:13:00PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > Use my symlink suggestion for dependencies and that comes free.
>
> You mean with the alternatives system?

What I mean is that if you depend on "sql-server" instead of any one
specific sql server, you just make the symlink in your dependencies
directory be to sql-server instead of mysql. Then debian's package
manager can take care of making sql-server be a symlink to mysql,
postgresql, whatever you're running, using whatever method fits (it's
certainly very similar to alternatives, but the exact method is
something I'd sooner leave up to package manager types).