bogoserver

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Thu Aug 25 10:16:52 UTC 2005

also sprach Fabio Fabbri <fabio at llgp.org> [2005.08.25.1205 +0200]:
> I think this is not a problem, because if we are going to change the way
> Debian is started, we can change the order of scripts, too. So if an
> user would try something like bogoserver, we can change /etc/init.d/rcS
> and let it load everything needed by bogoserver at first, then load
> bogoserver, then go on with parallelized boot.

nogoserver needs /var needs NFS needs network needs hal needs
hotplug...

we'll forget the firewall and a whole lot of other things. or
rather: we'll have to handle them manually.

Granted, rcS is likely to be hardcoded anyway and a new init only
really used for the actual runlevels, but still... this seems like
a hack.

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

this space intentionally left occupied.