[Initscripts-ng-devel] Defining the workgroup objectives

Matthew A. Nicholson matt at matt-land.com
Tue Jul 26 05:26:10 UTC 2005

Sam Rowe wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 04:12:44PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> # This problem isn't at scope IMHO. The current implementation of init
> # system also don't  handle cross-machine issues.
>
> Right, I thought we were trying to write something better than the
> current implementation and I know it's a problem a lot of people have,
> so I thought it'd be a good thing to keep in mind, if not implement
> from the get-go.
>
> -Sam

So here is one way to deal with this.  Write an init script that detects
the remote database.  Make the local service depend on your init script.
  This way when your local script detects the db, the dep will be
satisfied.  I do not think it is necessary to build this functionallity
into the init system.  The method I have outlined here should be plenty.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com