Ubuntu already improved their boot time

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 01:08:02 UTC 2005

Hi,
> Well filtering that out can be done quite easily in a pure C daemon.
Only if you can really handle the load. When you get dropped messages
you can't just filter out what you want, you still might have lost
some.

> well, not really, if you scan through memory for \n, replace it with \0,
> do the system call and add +1 to the buffer you'll scan.  And then
> simply do a break on \0 found instead of \n.

On a read-only mmap? I don't have a buffer! (well, I do, thats why I
have one memcpy - I copy the filename to my buffer and append a \0)

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\