Adding a version control repository?

Sven Mueller debian at incase.de
Tue Sep 6 20:58:38 UTC 2005

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote on 06/09/2005 22:39:
> Would it be good to make a source repository for the initscripts-ng
> project?  I got the insserv package I would like to add to some
> repository, and I suspect the readahead package could use a common
> home too.  Should we put it into an alioth source repository?

While I agree with Marco that we currently don't really need a common
repository, I think we might need one in the future. IF we agree on a
certain path of operation. Until then, I can easily provide subversion
repositories (publicly accessible, readable only to the maintainer/s)
for anyone who needs one.

> CVS, Subversion and bazaar have been suggested as tools to work with
> such repository.  I'm fine with either choice.  What are your
> preference?

I would decline to work with CVS because it doesn't even provide proper
changesets. I have no experience (worth mentioning) with bazaar, but
from what I did try, I don't really like it all that much. So my own
preference is subversion.

cu,
sven