New LSB compliance list of init-scripts and guide for maintainers (SoC 2006)

Carlos Villegas Carlos.Villegas at nuim.ie
Sun Jul 9 12:43:02 UTC 2006

Hi, a list containing the LSB-compliance to runtime dependencies of init
scripts is now available at
<URL:http://initscripts-ng.alioth.debian.org/soc2006-bootsystem/lsblist.html>.

It has currently only the desktop task init-script subset for Sid and
relates each script with a bug report issued to correct the LSB compliance.

Besides, a small guide to make scripts LSB compliant is available at:
http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts

BTW, I'm working for Debian as part of the google summer of code in the
project to improve the boot process <URL:
http://initscripts-ng.alioth.debian.org/soc2006-bootsystem>. For this
project we use mostly the initscripts-ng-devel mailing list and the IRC
#pkg-sysvinit.

cheers,

Carlos