Slides for your Debconf BOF on the boot system?

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Thu May 25 21:26:32 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> Hi, Margarita.
>
> I watched your debconf BOF with interest over streaming video (when it
> worked - it was not very stable).  I look forward to seeing the
> recording when it show up on the web, and while I wait I would like
> check out your slides.  Are the slides you used during your talk
> available on the web somewhere?
>
> CC to the initscripts-ng mailing list, to let others interested in
> improving the boot system know about your talk and hopefully share the
> slides with them. :)

That would be really good, and for those who care i did some tests
(bootchart results included) with insserv, over a Debian desktop
install (my primary goal here):
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com/2006/05/in-2-minutes-you-can.html

Btw, i can see that speed up the boot process was one of the accepted
projects in
Google SoC. Who's mentoring? Petter?

regards,
-- stratus