Slashdot/IBM: How To Speed Up Linux Booting

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 01:08:44 UTC 2007

Hi,
> >  We need to do an organized approach of bringing support for
> >  alternative inits to lenny.
> It's not obvious that all of them are worth being supported.

We found a scalable approach anyway, and if we can support 5 at pretty
much the cost of the 3 we really want to support, then we should go
for 5. And thats exactly where my approach aims at: identifying common
requirements of init systems, to see how we can make the work of
writing proper/efficient init scripts for all of them a bit easier.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\