Freeze exception for insserv 1.12.0-1?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Aug 5 09:22:48 UTC 2008

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> There is one new bug that make me unsure, #493202 about insserv
> segfaulting for a user and the self test fail, but as the self test
> worked both for us Debian maintainers, and for the autobuilders, I
> have a hard time figuring out how it could be a bug in insserv.

This issue proved to be false alarm, and went away after an fsck.

Another issue has arrived, though.  The new insserv fail to build on
m68k, because of some issues with speed optimizations.  The details
are documented in #493637.

The new insserv package build and work on all other architectures, and
I am still waiting for a tested patch to solve the m68k issue.  How
important is it to get m68k working when deciding if this new version
should be allowed into Lenny or not?  If it will block the new insserv
from entering Lenny, I will upload a fix as soon as a tested patch
show up.  If not, I plan to ignore it for Lenny and fix it later in
unstable and for Lenny+1.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen