Ready to try dependency based boot sequencing?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Feb 18 07:15:21 UTC 2008

[Frans Pop]
> This is a resend (with some changes) of a mail earlier sent to Petter
> privately. Contents seem useful for others too.
>
> The attached script could be useful to others wanting to try insserv.

The script is included in version 1.11.0-3 of insserv now.

I promised to have a closer look at the other runlevels later.  I've
checked out at least part of your runlevel 0 now.  Checking it, I
found bugs related to incorrect headers in in acct, acpid, anacron,
spamassassin, dbus, fnfxd, hddtemp, dirmngr, hostapd, virtualbox-ose
and cron.  I did not yet check laptop-mode, exim4, laptop-net, lisa,
openbsd-inetd, vmware, iodined, sl-modem-daemon, smartmontools and
cupsys (yet).

The reported bugs can be found at

I assume the shutdown order in testing will improve when all the
reported bugs are fixed and propagated into testing. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen