Please help me make athcool compatible with dependency-based init systems

Nicolas Boullis nboullis at debian.org
Wed Jul 23 23:53:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:36:01PM +0300, Teodor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Nicolas Boullis <nboullis at debian.org> wrote:
> > Sorry for asking a potentially stupid question, but how does the
> > "Default-Start" keyword affect the bahvior of the system?
>
> Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts for details. Maybe this
> page should be updated for LSB 3.2?

Well... I already read LSB, but there's nothing about how it really
interacts with the system. What does "default" mean here?
Does it affect update-rc.d?
Is it used when insserv is enabled?

I'd rather be sure that no-one will get startup links unwillingly, so
I'd like to understand how it really affects things...
(For example: one installs athcool, does not create startup links and
then installs and enables insserv...)

Cheers,

Nicolas