Please review status update on dep-based boot sequencing

Kel Modderman kel at otaku42.de
Sun Mar 16 13:17:13 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 22:00:35 Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> As it probably is time to give a new status update on the dependency
> based boot sequencing release goal, I tried to collect an update in
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot/200803-status>.
> Anyone got time to review it and suggest changes and improvements?

I had a very quick look, and have one suggestion. It is mentioned that packages
inserting multiple initscripts into boot system must do them in sequence of
dependency order. It could be mentioned that they should be removed in reverse
order to allow successful removal (debhelper >= 6 needed if postinst
update-rc.d calls are managed by dh_installinit and not manually).

Thanks, Kel.