Please test and verify the upgrade path for insserv and sysvinit

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Aug 8 20:14:17 UTC 2009

Hi.  Please test the svn versions of insserv and sysvinit, to verify
that the upgrades from both lenny, squeeze and unstable will keep
update-rc.d working for those with enabled dependency based boot
sequencing.

The next upload of these two packages will remove the support for
disabling dependency based boot sequencing, and move the code to
enable it from insserv to sysv-rc, and get rid of a dependency loop
between them.

The source of the two packages is available from

  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/initscripts-ng/trunk/src/insserv
  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-sysvinit/sysvinit/trunk

Please let me know if you spot any problem with the planned upgrade.

And if you have a different way of doing the upgrade that avoid the
need to keep update-rc.d-insserv and update-bootsystem-insserv around
for a release or two, please let me know too. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen