Ordering all init.d scripts in entire archive - some notes

Sven Joachim svenjoac at gmx.de
Sun Aug 16 18:23:18 UTC 2009

On 2009-08-16 19:33 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Raphael tipped me that all the packages in the archive are available
> on bellini.debian.org, and I used it to collect all the files matching
> /org/lintian.debian.org/laboratory/binary/*/init.d/*, and used inssrev
> to order them with start symlinks in rc2.d and stop symlinks in rc6.d.
>
> The insserv run itself reported these problems:
>
> insserv: script dictd: service dicod already provided!

At first, this one looked odd to me.  The dictd init script provides
dictd, why should it care about dicod?

Looking closer, it is the dicod package (conflicting with dictd) that
ships a symlink /etc/init.d/dictd -> dicod, and it may be this one that
insserv is complaining about.  However, installing dicod in a sid chroot
did not show up any problem.

Sven