Next optimization with dependency based boot sequencing and concurrent booting

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Jul 6 16:36:21 UTC 2009

[Marco d'Itri]
> Do you really know about everything which uses e.g. /dev/zero?

Note that /dev/ isn't empty before udev is executed.  /dev/zero and a
few others exist.

> Definitely not procps, since I may want to set keys for some device
> like a network card which does not exist until udev has finished.

If init.d/procps should run after udev, you need to tell this to the
procps maintainer, as its LSB header currently state that it only
depend on mountkernfs, and because of this will run before udev when
dependency based boot sequencing is enabled.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen