Incomplete .depend.boot (BTS #534526)?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Jul 21 19:55:22 UTC 2009

[Dr. Werner Fink]
> No I do not ... but as all serives for $local_fs are done within
> boot/system setup and $remote_fs are part of a runlevel with
> network, this can not happen on openSUSE by design.  Nevertheless it
> is a bug and it should be solved.

This test suite script is able to reproduce it when building for SuSe.
I rewrote it to use only start symlinks in runleve 1, to avoid the
areas where SuSe and Debian differ.  Do you see the error in your
build too?

% cat tests/makefile-virtexpand
#!/bin/bash

. tests/suite

echo
echo "info: test how recursive /etc/insserv.conf settings show up"
echo "info: in .depend.boot.  BTS #534526."
echo

debug=-v

#initdir_purge

list_rclinks

# If $local_fs only depend on the mountall script, the test work.
# Only the last script in $local_fs make it to the dependency file.
set +C
cat <<'EOF' > $insconf
$local_fs       +mountall +nonexisting
$remote_fs      $local_fs +mountnfs
EOF
set -C

insertscript mountall <<'EOF'
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          mountall
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:     1
# Default-Stop:
### END INIT INFO
EOF

insertscript mountnfs <<'EOF'
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          mountnfs
# Required-Start:    $local_fs
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:     1
# Default-Stop:
### END INIT INFO
EOF

insertscript dbus <<'EOF'
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          dbus
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:     1
# Default-Stop:
### END INIT INFO
EOF

insertscript hal <<'EOF'
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          hal
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs dbus
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:     1
# Default-Stop:
### END INIT INFO
EOF

list_rclinks

if ! grep -q "^hal: mountall mountnfs dbus" ${initddir}/.depend.start ; then
    msg="hal should depend on dbus, mountall and mountnfs in .depend.start:"
    if [ test = "$severity" ] ; then
        warning "$msg"
    else
        error "$msg"
    fi
    grep  "^hal: " ${initddir}/.depend.start | sed 's/^/  /'
fi
cat ${initddir}/.depend.start

%

Happy hacking,