rsyslog has dependency loop causing update-rc.d to abort installation

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior sebastian at breakpoint.cc
Sun Nov 15 18:34:22 UTC 2009

tags 556170 + unreproducible
severity 556170 normal
thanks

* Petter Reinholdtsen | 2009-11-14 13:18:36 [+0100]:

>from '/usr/share/insserv/make-testsuite'?  It would make it possible
>to see the complete dependency graph for the start and stop sequences
>as well as all headers to be able to reproduce the problem.
Thanks for that. I will do that in the future if I come across such a
thing again. That said, I can't reproduce it anymore. After editing the
fields of xfs & rsyslog manually I could not remember what I had in
there in first place. So I disabled the scripts, purged xfs, rsyslog and
installed it again together with initscripts (with --reinstall). After
that everything works fine unfortunately. I've compared the control
fields of the initscripts with those in my bug report and they are the
same.

I've decreased the severity since I can't reproduce it anymore. Feel
free to close the bug.

Sebastian