aptitude install insserv && dpkg-reconfigure insserv sysv-rc

Marc Lee monika.leu at gmx.net
Fri Sep 21 21:47:29 UTC 2012

I have a Debian system I upgraded to Squeeze, but the init scripts are giving me problems. Is there an easy way to fix this?

input:
aptitude install insserv && dpkg-reconfigure insserv sysv-rc:

output:
Unable to migrate to dependency-based boot system
Tests have determined that problems in the boot system exist which prevent migration to dependency-based boot sequencing:
insserv: warning: script 'K85bind' missing LSB tags and overrides, insserv: warning: script 'bind' missing LSB tags and overrides,
If the reported problem is a local modification, it needs to be fixed manually. If it's a bug in the package, it should be reported to the BTS and fixed in the package. See http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot for more information about how to fix the problems preventing migration.
To reattempt the migration process after the problems have been fixed, run "dpkg-reconfigure sysv-rc".

kind regards
Moni