[Kernel-handbook-general] suggested topic for kernel handbook

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Mar 14 21:42:35 UTC 2006

Thanks for putting this together.

I visited the handbook because I was wondering what the best way to
obtain a stock Debian config file of an appropriate variety.

Some discussion of how to handle this would be nice.

I have a 2.4 config, but don't guess it's a very good starting point.

The easy solutions that occur to me all involve downloading huge files.
I see I could get the 3 or 4 relevant config sections from svn, but I'm
not sure if simply appending them is sufficient.  Some of the README's
make it sound as if it is, but I'm suspicious that it might not be quite
that simple.  I took a quick look at the build rules, but couldn't make
out what happens.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062