[Kernel-handbook-general] custom kernel package - header/doc/man/source packages and .dsc files

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sun Sep 16 01:48:14 UTC 2012

Hi.

So far I'm using kernel-package for generating all my custom kernels,...
but we all know it's quite outdated in many places and not really
maintained anymore.

In principle I'd like to move over using the mechanisms of the
respective debian linux-source-* as described here:
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-building

Now unfortunately it misses some things I'd need:
1) -header, -doc, -man, -source packages seem to be not generated. At
least the first is required for dkms and the others were always quite
handy and generated by kernel-package.

2) I put my kernels into my local repos, and kernel-package had
mechanisms to automatically:
- set control fields like maintainer email
- generate .dsc files and sign them with a preconfigured gpg key.

Is that possible already now (and just undocumented) or should I open
wishlist bugs against linux-source?

Cheers,
Chris.

PS: Please keep me CCed as I'm writing off-list.