[Kernel-handbook-general] Migrating to Salsa

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 18:28:40 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 01:25 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> We need to move everything from Alioth to Salsa some time before the
> end of May.
>
> I propose to:
>
> 1. Move the kernel-handbook git repository under the "kernel-team"
> group on Salsa.  I would add Jurij and Yusuke as members of that
> repository, since they aren't members of the group.

I have moved the repository and disabled further changes.  Jurij, I
couldn't add you as you don't seem to have a Salsa account yet.  Let me
know when you do.

> 2. Use the debian-kernel mailing list for future discussions about the
> kernel-handbook package.

I have changed the documentation to say this.

> I don't think there are any other Alioth services used by this project.
>
> Have I missed anything?

Of course I did - the static web site!

I implemented the changes to use Gitlab Pages (on the publish-pages
branch), but this feature doesn't yet work properly on Salsa.  Gitlab
forces use of TLS but Salsa doesn't have the necessary wildcard
certificate for *.pages.debian.net.  This might not be ready until
after Alioth is shut down.

As a stopgap, I have registered kernel-handbook.debian.net and am
hosting it on my own web server.  kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org now
redirects to this.  I intend to make this redirect to the site on Salsa
once that works properly.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.