[kgb-maintainers] Spreading the load on kgb-bot instances (was: Please add new KGB project "debian-cloud")

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Thu Oct 19 21:31:49 UTC 2017

-=| Steve McIntyre, 18.10.2017 18:40:19 +0100 |=-
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 09:43:24PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >As instructed on https://kgb.alioth.debian.org/alioth.html, please
> >could you set us up with a new project for the debian-cloud team:
>
> Also, thinking... What's the load on your machines for the KGB
> service?

Quite low (looking at [h]top; no hard evidence).

> If you're looking for any more hosts, I'd be happy to run the
> service on the colo machine that Maulkin and I share in Cambridge,
> UK.

There is no problem to add another instance. What would be hard is to
make all the projects add it to their kgb-client.conf so that the load
spreads.

But nothing stops you from running an additional instance and pointing
debian-cloud to it.

In general I'd rather see the move to DSA-hosted instance happen.
(https://wiki.debian.org/Services/KGB/GoingDSA) Sorry for not finding
energy to drive this.

--
  dam