[Letsencrypt-devel] PyPi vs Git

Francois Marier francois at fmarier.org
Wed Oct 7 06:24:01 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-06 23:01, Harlan Lieberman-Berg wrote:
> On October 6, 2015 10:33:58 PM EDT, Francois Marier
> <francois at fmarier.org> wrote:
>
>> I only see two source packages:
>>
>>   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/letsencrypt/0.0.0.dev20151006
>>   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/acme
>
> There are also:
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/letsencrypt-apache
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/letsencrypt-nginx

Weird, I didn't get those when I searched for "letsencrypt" on PyPI.

Let's check with upstream to make sure they're planning on making 4
different tarballs and then split this into 4 source packages (and 4
repos).

One of the advantages of this is that I suspect we'll be able to remove
most of the hacks in debian/rules and use a standard pybuild setup.

Francois