[Letsencrypt-devel] Minor tweaks to python-certbot

Harlan Lieberman-Berg hlieberman at debian.org
Sun May 15 23:49:08 UTC 2016

Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org> writes:
> JFYI: I've just pushed a change to python-certbot's debian/control.in
> to switch the Homepage header from https://letsencrypt.org/ to
> https://certbot.eff.org/. Seems to have been forgotten in the first
> python-certbot upload.

Hi Axel,

Thanks; missed that in the transition between package names.

> Additionally, I think we should not only do "Provides: letsencrypt",
> but also add a transitional package named "letsencrypt" to ease
> migration. Since I'm less sure about this and this would have to go
> through NEW once again, I have not yet implemented and pushed such a
> change.

Hmm.  Yeah, I'm not sure what to do here.  I was planning on asking
ftpmasters to remove src:python-letsencrypt and
src:python-letsencrypt-apache and all their binary packages once certbot
hits testing, but...

I'd appreciate some advice here; first time I've done this kind of
transition, so I'm not 100% on the best-practices.

Sincerely,
--
Harlan Lieberman-Berg
~hlieberman