[Letsencrypt-devel] Letsencrypt on Jessie does not install

Frans de Jonge fransdejonge at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 18:50:40 UTC 2016

Hello Rainer,

I'm 95% sure that I simply pasted the command I ran, but you definitely
seem to be right at present. In fact on my VM, running `sudo apt
full-upgrade` results in:

```
$ sudo apt full-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed
and are no longer required:
  augeas-lenses libaugeas0 libpython2.7 python-acme python-augeas
python-cffi-backend python-chardet
  python-configargparse python-configobj python-cryptography python-dialog
python-enum34 python-funcsigs python-idna
  python-ipaddress python-mock python-ndg-httpsclient python-openssl
python-parsedatetime python-pbr
  python-pkg-resources python-psutil python-pyasn1 python-pyicu
python-requests python-rfc3339 python-six python-tz
  python-urllib3 python-zope.component python-zope.event
python-zope.interface
Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  letsencrypt python-letsencrypt python-letsencrypt-apache
  python-acme
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 54.8 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,064 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
```

It would seem that it previously ran fine with the old python-psutil
2.1.1-1+b1 [installed,automatic] and now requires the 4.1.0-1~bpo8+1 from
jessie-backports.

The version with a target is obviously more future-proof. Thanks for the
notification. =)

Yours,

Frans