[Letsencrypt-devel] RFS: python-lecm/0.0.4-1: Let's Encrypt Manager (ITP: #840641)

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Mon Oct 17 17:40:03 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 07:27:05PM +0200, Sebastien Badia wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new in the team, I just joined according a Mattia proposal on the ITP
> #840641.

Hi!

I'm on the ML, so no need to Cc me here; also I assume you are, so I
won't Cc you either!

> python-lecm package is now pushed inside letsencrypt team, and should be ready
> for a review/upload.
>
>   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/letsencrypt/python-lecm.git
>   https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-lecm/python-lecm_0.0.4-1.dsc

be aware that I totally ignore tarballs (as distributed by mentors.d.n
in this case) if possible, and just stick to the git repo.

* d/control:
  + mind using /git/ also in Vcs-Browser?  I like it more to have both
    Vcs-* being the same.  (this is just me…)
  + you are packaging only a binary named python3-* something; I'd just
    leave out the "this is a py3 version" stuff from the description,
    and instead try to make the long description more useful
* you are also shipping a binary in /usr/bin; that imho shouldn't be in
  a package named python3-* which usually denotes a library, or anyway
  an application which implementation language matters.
  I do not know lecm, but I'd probably name everything 'lecm', or
  perhaps only the python library in a binary python3-lecm.
  but I'm not sure if what I'm saying makes sense for this case.
  (note that also lintian notices this, with
  library-package-name-for-application)
* do you think you can put that manpage somewhere upstream?  also I see
  you're shipping the .md which seems to be the source of the groff
  file, could you generate it at build time?
* why not debhelper compat level 10?

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo