[Letsencrypt-devel] Certbot in Debian Stretch

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Mon Nov 28 17:13:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:48:35PM +0100, Christian Seiler wrote:

> Note that per backports rules, $RELEASE_N-backports must track
> $RELEASE_N_PLUS_1, so if you remove certbot from Stretch, you'll
> also have to remove it from jessie-backports.

Thank you for pointing this out Christian. This policy removes what might have
been the simplest option, and seems to mean that we'll want to work hard on a plan
where Certbot is in Stretch in a way that works both for us upstream and for
the Debian release team.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Chief Computer Scientist          Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131