[Libpst-devel] outlook 2003 format

clamboat@gmail.com csw@well.com
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:39:55 -0800

Greetings - I came across libpst when searching for anything that would
let me retrieve my outlook calendar and email from my last job.
Unfortunately I have a PST file that was written with Outlook 2003 so
libpst can't help yet.

What is that funky '// function {{{{1' comments for?  Presumably that is
some autodoc format?

I conmpiled the sources under cygwin and fixed up some cosmetic warnings
and errors. For example gcc -wall was complaining that some functions
were declared to return 'int' but they were defined to return 'int32_t'
which is typedef'ed to 'long'.  In any case, each one of those functions
actually returned a constant '0' which is kind of useless so they all
should have been 'void'.  There were a few other minor problems with
printf formats, etc.

But of cource that doesn't help because the routines barf when they run
across a version '33' that they don't recognize.  I'll take a shot at
deriving the format of Outlook 2003 files but if anyone has a suggesting
where I might find some code that already does this, I would be very
gratefull to hear about it.

-csw