[Libpst-devel] Working on Outlook 2003 64-bit support

Matt L mattl.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:17:57 UTC 2006

Sean,

I have been monitoring this list for awhile, waiting for someone like you to
come along and make a push toward 2003 support.  Thanks for your valuable
contributions so far.

I can provide Outlook 2003 PSTs for testing purposes.  If no one has
responded to your request, I'd be glad to.

FWIW, I compiled your latest tarball under cygwin on Windows and tried to
run it against an English-language 2003 PST.  The results were mixed - it
successfully detected the folder structure (although the outputted names
were gibberish) and identified the correct number of items in each, but it
did not extract anything (each folder's MIME file was empty).  I realized
that cygwin doesn't fully support unicode, so I compiled on my Mac OS X
laptop.  The output was similar, but the folder names appeared as Asian
characters, where they should have been English text.

I'm no C/iconv guru, but I'd be glad to assist in any way possible.  I work
in the computer forensics industry and I shoube able to devote some work
hours to this project.

Matt