[Libpst-devel] libpst 0.5.2 released

Chris Halls chris.halls at credativ.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 13:37:25 CET 2007

Hi Henrik

On Monday 08 January 2007 14:15, Henrik Zagerholm wrote:
> Im new to this list but I tend to start looking into the code and see
> if I can help you for further development. I really like the effort
> put into this project!

Great! It would be good to get some more eyes on this.

> What I wonder is, if there has been some development to support the
> Office 2003 format and if so where can I find the information that as
> been revealed?

Well, in September there were some changes posted:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/libpst-devel/2006-September/thread.html

But Sean called the patch 'morbidly obese' so I guess it wasn't ready for
integration.

Alexander Grau has just posted a clear summary of the differences between the
formats:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/libpst-devel/2007-January/000130.html

(Thanks Alexander!)

So I guess that's the current state. Let us know what you think when you have
looked at them.

Chris