[Libpst-devel] pulse check

Joseph Nahmias joe at nahmias.net
Thu Mar 20 19:46:05 UTC 2008

Hi Josh,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 11:41:07AM -0600, Josh Restivo wrote:
> I've tried contacting most developers associated with this project and have
> been unsuccessful in eliciting a response. The project page is broken (can't
> post to forums). Is anyone still tending to this code? If so, I'd like to
> chat off-list.

Sorry for the late response.  The project page should be alright; I just
checked and the forums seem to be working just fine.

> Also, the pyflag project has a python wrapper for libpst (possibly original
> libpst). The wrapper is claimed to be necessary to handle the many memory
> leaks of libpst. Has any of this been addressed or is readpst prone to fatal
> choking on unexpected input?

I'm not familiar with the PyFLag project.  The only reference on their
website I could find to PST was http://www.pyflag.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Bug0013

On the other hand, there have been many memory-related fixes made to the
code since it was taken over.

Hope this helps,
--Joe