git repositories all moved

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Fri Sep 12 11:41:16 UTC 2008

Le Thu 11/09/2008 __ 13:26 Xavier Oswald __ __crit:

> Great !!
>
> I was looking to http://git.debian.org/
>
> Why have we twice git for each repository like:
> lisaac/libraries/examples.git
> lisaac/libraries/examples/.git

Yes, that's normal. One is a symbolic link to the other.
it seems that only the .git directory is relevant. But I still wanted
to keep the complete local copy because I didn't knew if removing it
was safe.
And I made the symbolic link to be consistant with other projects, and
to avoid typing an extra '/' :)

> > If you think you need another repository for your project, ask on
> > the mailing list and one will be created for you. You can also
> > create your own, but please follow the guidelines at:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git
> >
> > In particular, make sure that
> > * before anything, run: umask 002
> > * initialize your repository using: git --bare init --shared
> >   (you can run this command afterward in your repository if you
> > forgot, this won't reinitialize the repository
> > * create a text file in .git/description containing a short
> > description of the repository
> > * please: chmod a+x .git/hooks/post-update
>
> Yes, that's ok.
> Have you set the lisaac-commits list for getting commits from all
> git ?

What do you mean by that ?
Is there anything special to do ?

Mildred