debian package for the up-comming 0.14 version

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:46:04 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 06:25 PM, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
>> The lip files are doing two things:
>>
>>     * First: set up the paths where the compiler will look for the
>>       prototypes (*.li files). This is the front_end slot in the lip
>>
> this can be a special tool for waf to do this

Sure, but there are things a build system can't do. For example define
projects. You can't fit everything on the command line, especially when
it becomes complex.
>>       Back End
>>
>> I do agree with you, Lisaac shouldn't attempt to do everything on its
>> own, and more important, should be able to integrate nicely with
>> building tools (whatever that may be, autotools, make, scons, Jam,
>> TBuild ...)
>>
>> But with .lip files, it means that you can implement for yourself what
>> exactly you want lisaac to do. If you want lisaac to leave the .c file
>> and not run gcc on it, just don't call gcc in your .lip file.
>>
> I understand that learning lisaac by writing a need build system can
> have an academic interest :)

The lip files are NOT a build system. Build systems look for modified
files and usually only compiles them. The lip files can merely run a
command line, and that's all.

:)

Mildred

--