RE : Makefile update

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 20:33:17 UTC 2009

On 08/24/2009 06:52 PM, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> nevertheless what will be the official way to build lisaac.
> this makefile or another build system ?
>
> if we decide to use this makefile, is it possible for one of the main
> lisaac contributor to update the Makefile.
>
> then I will use it as a base for the upcomming lisaac 0.14 debian package.

I suppose to build lisaac, the simplest way is to use the Makefile
provided. Except if you want to run gcc manually or create a Sconscript,
CMakefile.txt or whatever, this is the only solution.

Now, the makefile only compiles the C file provided (precompiled from
lisaac sources), and does NOT compile from the lisaac source. If you
want to be sure you have the lisaac compiler that corresponds to the
lisaac sources, you have to first build the lisaac compiler using the
makefile and then use the lisaac compiler in bin/lisaac to rebuild the
compiler.

Most probably, this is only wasted CPU cycles.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────